The wines this past month have included
- 4 from the Chemin des Rêves in St Gély du Fesc (2 reds, a rosé and a white)
- two from the Minervois (a white and a rosé)
- reds from Fronton and the Côte de Brouilly (one of each)
- 2 more rosés, from the Côtes du Rhône and from the Côteaux d'Aix en Provence
- and 2 more whites from the Jura and our local Grès Saint Paul
I think it is fair to say that there was not a dud among them. Almost all were bought from the makers themselves, mostly in person though we had some delivered recently because they originate more than 100 km from where we live. But we are very much looking forward to revisiting winemakers in the Jura, Burgundy, Beaujolais and the Minervois.
Meanwhile our next trip will be to the Domaine de la Fadèze, overlooking the Étang de Thau near Mèze and well within our range. And who knows, if French distance restrictions ease more may be possible. Looking forward to wine trips helps us to ease the blues of cancelled holidays.